Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Monday, February 25, 2008

CA-12: Lessig Out

I was preparing to write a piece about how Lawrence Lessig was waiting far too long to make a decision about whether or not to run for Congress, but apparently he got the same message.

With lots of mixed feelings, I have decided a run for Congress would not help the Change Congress movement. I explain the thinking in this 5 minute video (a new record for me!). First question: What happens to the contributions to Lessig08? As explained on the ActBlue page, all will go to (the yet to be established) Change Congress organization.


You can see his video at the link.

I will miss what would have been a very interesting debate in the 12th District, but I'm confident that Jackie Speier is going to be an excellent addition to our Congressional delegation. In the end, Lessig just didn't have enough time to make the sale.

In case you're interested in how this race could have gone,

Labels: , ,

|