Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Friday, March 21, 2008

Even Chris Wallace Gets The Blues

This is five of the best minutes of Fox News that I've ever seen. The friendly friends at Fox and Friends went on for two hours about a contextless off-the-cuff remark from Barack Obama, and Chris Wallace, apparently holding out for Obama to appear on his Sunday show, finally got fed up. Go watch the video, but here's some excerpts:

Hey listen, I love you guys but I want to take you to task if I may, respectfully, for a moment. I have been watching the show since 6:00 this morning when I got up, and it seems to me that two hours of Obama bashing on this typical white person remark is somewhat excessive and frankly I think you’re somewhat distorting what Obama had to say [...]

Far be it for me to be a spokesman for the Obama campaign, and I will tell you that they would laugh at that characterization, but you know, the fact is that after giving a speech on race earlier this week, on Tuesday, he gave a major speech on Iraq on Wednesday and a major speech on the economy yesterday. And so, I think they would say that in terms of deflecting attention away from the issues people really want to hear about, maybe it’s the media doing it, not Barack Obama.


It's like Plato's allegory of the cave, and Wallace broke his chains and stopped looking at the shadows and saw the truth. Crazy.

I think the dumber heads will prevail here, and the propagandists will continue to propagandize. But those who want the context of Rev. Wright's remarks can seek it out, which is at least new in the modern age. And as the Richardson endorsement suggests, the speech on race may have strengthened Obama's position, and those who disqualified him on the basis of the Wright flap were probably just looking for a reason not to vote for a black man anyway.

Labels: , , , , ,

|