Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Friday, May 02, 2008

BREAKING: Democrats Completely Lose Their Minds

I guess Drudge has now linked to video of Mickey Kantor allegedly referring to Indianans as "shit' and "worthless white niggers".



That is COMPLETELY not what Kantor says. This clip is from "The War Room" and they're looking at early exits from election day 1992. He's saying "those people are shitting," referring to George H.W. Bush's people, and then he says "How would you like to be working in the White House right now?"

Readers of this site know I'm an Obama supporter (and donor) who earlier today essentially wrote that I could never vote for Clinton after her pathetic pander on gas taxes. But this is flat wrong. And as an Obama supporter I value intellectual honesty. Taking down Democrats using half-truths and smears is unacceptable in any form and no matter the Democrat. The YouTube is anonymous and dubious, and I know that unintelligible words become crystal clear once you have writing beneath them. As an editor I do this for a living.

I know someone who knows RJ Cutler, one of the producers of The War Room. I'm going to try and get him to comment.

... Atrios now agrees, this YouTube is crap.

UPDATE: D.A. Pennebaker has now weighed in.

"He does not say that [n-word]. He does not say that," said Pennebaker, after viewing the clip.

He said the initial expletive [shit] referred to the anticipated reaction in the Bush White House to the fact that Ross Perot's polling numbers were holding strong.

"What he says is he’s surprised Perot’s numbers are holding," said Pennebaker in a brief phone interview. "He says they must be shi**ing in the White House."


To be clear, I don't think the clip was doctored, I just think that when you put subtitles over footage your mind fills in the blanks for what your ears can't hear.

Labels: , , , ,

|