Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Obama Ad

It's his first of the general election campaign.



Kind of up and down, and a gratuitous reference to getting people off welfare to work. But this is a red-state ad. Fourteen of the eighteen states where Obama bought time went Republican in 2004.

The first ad of the general election is on the air. We're told it's on running on t.v. stations in 18 states: Alaska, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Virginia. Interesting combination.


North Dakota, Montana, Georgia and Indiana leap out at me. And as Digby notes, this is really why Obama's stepping into a primary fight and endorsing Bush Dog and telecom whore John Barrow. No other reason.

I expect a bit of a move to the right in the general election, I'm prepared for it. What I cannot fathom is how the nominee and leader of the party remains mute while the Fourth Amendment is flushed down the toilet. It's astonishing to me that the only remaining Presidential candidate who appears to give a damn about civil liberties is Bob Barr.

Pardon me, but I'm angry today...

UPDATE: I'm hearing that Obama cut the radio ad for John Barrow before there was a primary opponent. Of course, there are quotes from Obama staffers praising Barrow out today, so if Barrow is doing something sneaky Obama sure appears to be going along with it.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

|