Random Sunday Errand Thoughts
So I pop in the Urban Outfitters to see what the kids are wearing these days, and there are about 30 Obama T-shirts and buttons on display. "Obama Said Knock You Out," "Barack and Roll," you get the picture. In the spirit of bipartisanship, I suppose, there were a couple pro-McCain buttons off to one side, including one that read "No Pain, No McCain."
Now, I don't even think that's positive, is it? Doesn't that suggest that a McCain presidency would be extremely painful? I'm not disagreeing with the analysis, but either Urban Outfitters is really phoning in the McCain slogans or they're having some fun.
The other fun part of my day was listening to some random radio show which extolled the virtues of rummaging around in your kids' clothing and personal effects to search for drugs. At one point the host intimated that the kids appreciate this, because it shows their parents care for them and are paying attention to them.
We really are becoming more of a surveillance state every day, aren't we?
Labels: 2008, Barack Obama, culture, John McCain, political advertising, surveillance state






<< Home