Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

"it's like these guys take pride in being ignorant."

You go, Barack.

The other day after laying out my energy plan for the next 10 yrs I was asked by a voter if there was anything I can suggest for individuals to do to help improve the energy situation. So I suggested that each person can inflate their tires to the recommended levels among other things. Now the republicans are going around telling people this was the central part of my energy policy, handing out little tire gauges etc. Now two things I'll like to say about that:

They know it is NOT the central part of my energy policy. They know they are lying.

They are making fun of an idea that a lot of experts have also recommended and suggested it could reduce our energy consumption by about 3%, which is more that John McCain's idea of drilling [he then pointed to his toes mocking McCain talking about drilling for oil "right here and now"] can ever provide.

He further said, so I don't know how they could be making fun of something that experts agree is a good idea. I mean it's like these guys take pride in ignorance! It's like they like being ignorant.


That's the kind of game he has to bring every day on the stump.

Speaking of ignorant, the GOP thinks their little cookout on the House floor is actually lowering gas prices. Except for the fact that gas has lowered 23 cents in month, they're... OK, they're still not even right. The answer is market forces - but I wouldn't expect these Big Government conservatives who want the feds to solve all our problems to understand. Krugman had the best rejoinder:

In other news, Republicans credited their speeches for the fact that the sun rose today.


UPDATE: Video. If only his ads contained the mockery of his public statements.

Labels: , , , , ,

|