Feel The Excitement! RNC Day 1, or 2, or Something
I'm not in St. Paul, but the reports I'm hearing from inside the hall - as well as what I saw on the teevee yesterday - suggest that there's nobody there. I mean it's practically empty. The Xcel Center isn't the biggest arena in the Twin Cities area (that would be the Target Center, where the Ron Paul convention is). It's not the SECOND-BIGGEST, either. It's a mid-sized area for a mid-sized party that the GOP wants to make look bigger, and they're failing at that.
And this is priceless: apparently the very first speaker of the night, Jo Ann Davidson, said that it was wonderful to have Sarah Pawlenty on the ticket, and it's great to be in her home state because she's the Governor of Minnesota.
Somebody typed that into a TelePrompTer.
Man, the McCain campaign doesn't even vet the SPEAKERS.
UPDATE: Holy fucking crap.

Labels: Jo Ann Davidson, John McCain, RNC Convention






<< Home