Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Steinberg Goes There

Man, it'll be good to have a Democrat in charge who understands the importance of progress instead of covering your ass and rewarding your friends:

“First of all, though it doesn’t help much this year, I think this process and the frustration many of us are expressing reveals what must be done next year.

We need to not only think about but begin planning for taking significant questions about state and public finance back to the people of California. And next year as your leader I intend to do that. I’m not going through this anymore. I’m tired of it. It’s unproductive. It does nothing for the way people view us.

You’re right Senator Aanestad, under the current state of the Constitution; it is a two-thirds requirement to pass a state budget. And I know that question has been taken to the people in one form or another. But maybe it has not been take to the people in the right form, at the right time. And so, be prepared next year. Whether it is through the legislature or by the initiative process, we’re not going to go through this anymore.


If Darrell Steinberg was in charge right now, Jeff Denham wouldn't be in the State Senate. Abel Maldonado would be hanging on for dear life. And we'd have a 2/3 majority. Because he would prioritize it. He would design the entire year around achieving it. Don Perata simply has failed in understanding what is crippling this state. Steinberg gets it. And finally, progressives and the legislature will be on the same page. For now, we struggle with the failed perspective of the past.

Labels: , , , ,

|