Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Whiny, Angry, Depressed

John McCain is losing it.

John McCain said Thursday that Barack Obama's poll numbers are rising as the economy seems to sink "because life isn't fair."

"He certainly did nothing for the first few days," McCain told Fox News Thursday. "I suspended my campaign, took our ads down, came back to Washington, met with the House folks and got on the phone, and also had face-to-face meetings."


The sense of entitlement is palpable here. I think McCain is convinced of his own righteousness, as most politicians seeking the Presidency are, and can't imagine that anyone would choose that scary rookie black guy over him.

Check this out, he's even doing Abe Simpson impressions for the media:

We just followed McCain down the steps following the vote to ask him about the reaction of House Republicans to the vote.

He didn't appreciate the company.

McCain: "Excuse me, you're bothering me."

Politico: "I'm bothering you?"

McCain: "Excuse me, I have to go."


"Get off my lawn, you punk kids!"

Hey, I sympathize, I'd be upset too. Obama's lead keeps growing, and now McCain's campaign is pulling out of Michigan, which is incredible considering that was not a state where Obama did any primary organizing. But Florida is slipping away and McCain's folks are incredibly nervous, so Michigan goes off the board.

And I really don't think, in these serious times, fearmongering with Rev. Wright is going to be enough.

What I'm trying to say is that I understand the crankiness. But hey, life isn't fair.

...This Rolling Stone article is really amazing about the character of the man.

Labels: , , , ,

|