Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Friday, December 19, 2008

Blago Talks

I'll go ahead and call that press conference strange:

In an unwavering statement of innocence, Gov. Rod Blagojevich said Friday he will be vindicated of criminal corruption charges and has no intention of letting what he called a "political lynch mob" force him from his job. "I will fight. I will fight. I will fight until I take my last breath. I have done nothing wrong," Blagojevich said, speaking for about three minutes in his first official public comments since his arrest last week on federal corruption charges.

The Democrat is accused, among other things, of plotting to sell or trade President-elect Barack Obama's U.S. Senate seat.

"I'm not going to quit a job the people hired me to do because of false accusations and a political lynch mob," Blagojevich said.


This is the kind of statement you would expect from someone facing allegations in a tabloid. But these charges aren't so flimsy. They're all on tape in the office of the US Attorney, in fact. That Blagojevich treated them like they were libelous claims suggests that he doesn't have a firm grasp on the charges or reality.

Labels: ,

|