Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Monday, December 22, 2008

My Biggest Mistake Was Not Explaining How Russia's Proximity To Alaska Made Me A Foreign Policy Guru, Again

I have to be reading this wrong:

GIZZI: What was the biggest mistake made in the ’08 campaign?

PALIN: The biggest mistake made was that I could have called more shots on this: the opportunities that were not seized to speak to more Americans via media. I was not allowed to do very many interviews, and the interviews that I did were not necessarily those I would have chosen. But I was so thankful to have the opportunity to run with John McCain that I was not going to argue with the strategy decisions that some of his people were making regarding the media contacts?

But if I would have been in charge, I would have wanted to speak to more reporters because that’s how you get your message out to the electorate.


Umm, there's a highlight reel around here somewhere that might contradict the gentlelady from Alaska on this one...

I mean, maybe as a journalism major and former TV anchor she wanted to resurrect the careers of more reporters than just Katie Couric, maybe that was her point...

I love this answer too, showing that she was DYING to appoint someone (herself?) into the US Senate:

GIZZI: You made it clear in our interviews earlier this year that you were not close to fellow Republicans Sen. Ted Stevens and Rep. Don Young from your state, both of whom you said had a different vision of Alaska’s dealings with the federal government than you did. Were you pleased with the election of Democrat Mark Begich who defeated Stevens and with the re-election of Rep. Young?

PALIN: I met yesterday with Sen.-elect Begich to see that we are on the same page as we move forward as he starts his new job representing Alaska.

I thought that Sen. Stevens was going to be re-elected, and it was so close, and that if he were to step aside because he was convicted [on corruption charges], then I would get to appoint a Republican. So I was kind of surprised at the outcome there.


...I was kind of surprised that I wasn't able to play queenmaker there...

Meanwhile, the group still supporting Palin seems to be a lovely bunch.

Labels: , , ,

|