A Shanda
In addition to the Bernie Madoff scheme being a testament to the failure of free market fundamentalism and "fund manager knows best" economics, it's really impacting the Jewish community. I know that our local Jewish charity out here in Los Angeles lost about $60 million off their endowment, and the names that keep popping up - Steven Spielberg, Mort Zuckerman, Frank Lautenberg - are all members of the tribe.
However, indulge me in a little schadenfreude for a moment. Norman Braman is on the list. This guy make my childhood and adolescence absolutely miserable when he owned the Philadelphia Eagles, hiring one bum after another and refusing to shell out for the one or two players needed to put us over the top. I can't say I'm angry to see him lose a lot of money - he made it off of the misery of me and my fellow Philly sports fans to begin with.
This has been the obligatory monthly sports post/financial industry post.
Labels: Bernard Madoff, Norman Braman, Philadelphia Eagles, sports






<< Home