Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Friday, January 23, 2009

Actually, The Other Quote Is Crazier

People are getting lotsa laughs from Rod Blagojevich's assertion that his arrest was like the attack on Pearl Harbor. And that is funny, in a "man thinks he's as important as the US naval fleet" kind of way. But I think this is even funnier:

"I'm going to fight this to the very end," he said.

But that fight, Blagojevich said, most likely won't include his appearance at the trial. The governor, along with his lawyers, say the trial rules are unfair because they bar him from calling witnesses who are likely to be called in any criminal trial later.

"I'm not going to be a party to that process," he said. "That would be a violation of my oath of office. That, to me, would be an impeachable offense."


My impeachment trial is an impeachable offense.

It's also hilarious because it's not at all true, as Blagojevich's lawyer is preparing a lawsuit to block the impeachment trial. That's kind of involving himself in the trial, isn't it?

Labels: , ,

|