Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Monday, February 23, 2009

Sincerity

Jim Bunning caused a stir over the weekend by announcing that Ruth Bader Ginsburg would be dead in nine months because of her pancreatic cancer. Ginsburg returned to work today, and Bunning received a torrent of criticism. So he promptly gave the qualified apology capped by spelling the Supreme Court Justice's name wrong:

“I apologize if my comments offended Justice Ginsberg,” Bunning said. “That certainly was not my intent. It is great to see her back at the Supreme Court today and I hope she recovers quickly. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.”


Nice guy. No wonder his own party is dying to get him out of his own re-election race.

Labels: , ,

|