Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Unbearable Lightness Of Glenn

Practically all I know about Glenn Beck is that he once famously said "It took me about a year to start hating the 9-11 victims' families."

Beck: You know, it took me about a year to start hating the 9/11 victims' families. It took me about a year. Um, and I had such compassion for them and I really, you know, I wanted to help them, and I was behind -- let's give them money, let's get them started, and all of this stuff. And I really didn't -- all the 3,000 victims' families, I don't hate all of them, I hate about, probably about ten of them. But when I see 9/11 victim family, you know, on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh, shut up.' I'm so sick of them. Because they're always complaining. And we did our best for them. And again, it's only about ten.


So to see him tear up over the death of 9-11 widow Beverly Eckert, who died in that terrible Buffalo plane crash, is an act of hypocrisy by which all future hypocrisy can be judged. These guys wrap themselves in 9-11 so easily that they don't even know when they're contradicting themselves.

Labels: , , ,

|