Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Thursday, May 14, 2009

My New TV Show

I'm calling it "That Jew.

Arkansas state Sen. Kim Hendren, who is currently the only announced Republican candidate for U.S. Senator against Democratic incumbent Blanche Lincoln in 2010, has apologized for referring to Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) as "that Jew," at a county Republican meeting last week.

"I don't use a teleprompter and occasionally I put my foot in my month," Hendren told Arkansas blogger Jason Tolbert.

"At the meeting I was attempting to explain that unlike Sen. Schumer, I believe in traditional values, like we used to see on 'The Andy Griffith Show,'" he explained. "I made the mistake of referring to Sen. Schumer as 'that Jew' and I should not have put it that way as this took away from what I was trying to say."


Great apology. "I was simply trying to explain that, unlike dirty Jews, I believe in values! I don't believe in soaking my matzos in the blood of Christian babies, unlike whatever it is those fellers do in Jew York! Is there a problem with that?"

The thing is, I don't even like Blanche Lincoln. But the Republicans make it so hard for me to focus on the big picture...

Labels: , , ,

|