Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Al Franken Is A US Senator

Hope for us ex-comics everywhere.



I too miss funny Al. And while I understand the desire not to give the right any openings, if he truly wants to follow the legacy of Paul Wellstone, he's going to have to be loud and unyielding. And you use what you've got, and for Franken, that's wit. So the whole "I want to be a work horse, not a show horse" thing makes sense at the beginning, but I hope he doesn't forget his roots. I'm not looking for him to pull out a full-length mirror or put a mobile satellite dish on his head, but some occasional displays of satire or sarcasm will do.

And yes, Franken is a policy wonk, which is sadly rare under the Capitol dome.

Labels: , ,

|