Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Saturday, July 11, 2009

David Brooks As Irene Cara In Fame

A very strange remark from David Brooks.

BROOKS: You know, all three of us spend a lot of time covering politicians and I don’t know about you guys, but in my view, they’re all emotional freaks of one sort or another. They’re guaranteed to invade your personal space, touch you. I sat next to a Republican senator once at dinner and he had his hand on my inner thigh the whole time. I was like, ehh, get me out of here.

HARWOOD: What?

BROOKS: I can only imagine what happens to you guys.

O’DONNELL: Sorry, who was that?

BROOKS: I’m not telling you, I’m not telling you.


You can speculate about whether or not Brooks was giving this old codger a little thrill up his leg in exchange for some access, or just being ridiculously overly polite, but I will say that in this day and age, the line between prostitution and journalism is little more than a difference in the employer's choice of Cadillac tail fins and fedoras.

Labels: , ,

|