Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Monday, July 13, 2009

Supreme Court Nomination Live

Judge Sotomayor's hearings are happening as we speak. I have a busy day ahead of me and won't be able to follow them very much, but you can watch them live right here:



Like I said, I have a busy day, but I did want to acknowledge Sen. Feinstein's speech, which obliterated the conservative notion that "activist judging" only comes from the left. She laid out multiple cases where the conservative block set new precedents and overturned settled law, and intimated that John Roberts and Sam Alito essentially lied to Congress. It was a rare bout of partisanship from DiFi.

There will not be any questioning today, just opening statements from the members of the committee and Judge Sotomayor's opening comments.

Labels: , ,

|