Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Thursday, August 06, 2009

An Announcement

So I will be away from blogging and the online world for the next week. That's because, in between posts over the last couple years, I met a wonderful girl, and we will be getting married in her hometown of Pittsburgh on Saturday. Somehow she likes the chained-to-the-computer-and-occasionally-unresponsive type. I don't know. But I'm pretty pleased about it.

I know that your main reaction, gentle reader, is "what's in this for me?" Well, I'll tell you. I've lined up a guest poster who you may know from around the blogosphere. Dante Atkins, who posts as hekebolos at Daily Kos and Calitics and everywhere else, will be filling in for me around these parts. Treat him kindly, or with studied indifference, as most of you do me.

After the wedding and a little "mini-moon" (a word I've coined for "shortened honeymoon," how do you like it?), the wife and I will go back to Pittsburgh for the annual gathering, Netroots Nation. So seek me out there and say hello. After all, you'll be on my honeymoon!

By the way, I should again plug the panel discussion I'm running at Netroots Nation on Saturday, August 15 called "California: How Process Creates Crisis," in room 317 at 3:00pm. The panel features myself, Robert Cruickshank of Calitics and the Courage Campaign, Jean Ross of the California Budget Project and AD-21 legislative candidate Kai Stinchcombe. If you're heading to the convention, I hope you can make it.

And that's it for me. Take it away, Dante.

Labels: , ,

|