Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Friday, October 19, 2007

Lights Out LA

This is a quickie. My car insurance provider noted in an email that tomorrow night is Lights Out LA, an event designed to conserve energy and raise awareness. Between 8-9 pm, LA residents are encouraged to turn off all non-essential lights in a bid to save enough energy to power 2,500 homes for a full year. The Hollywood sign, City Hall, and most government buildings will go dark. I believe something like this was attempted in San Francisco earlier this year. It's exciting that Los Angeles is attempting to raise awareness of climate change and promote conservative. You can even get a free beeswaz candle to use at this website.

My only issue is how to square this with the fact that it'll be happening in the fourth quarter of the Michigan football game. I'll get out my transistor radio, I guess.

Labels: , , , , ,

|