Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Monday, April 14, 2008

Boy

Geoff Davis (R-KY) tips off the GOP attack plan for the fall.

During his talk at Saturday's Fourth District Lincoln/Reagan Day Dinner in Boone County Davis, a Hebron Republican seeking re-election, made the following comment when questioning the national security credentials and experience of Obama, an African-American from Illinois:

"I'm going to tell you something: That boy's finger does not need to be on the button," Davis said. "He could not make a decision in that simulation that related to a nuclear threat to this country."

Davis is taking criticism because referring to an African-American as a "boy" is considered by many as racist and pejorative.


Davis had to immediately apologize, but of course, that doesn't matter. It's "out there."

I choose not to be afraid. And that doesn't mean I'm not sensitive to the efficacy of attack ads, but I choose not to cower from them and pretend to be something other than a proud Democrat; I choose to take them on directly and firmly and without fear. I think Obama feels the same way.

Labels: , , , ,

|